Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wally's World

I've fallen behind in gearing up the premier of my new blog, because I'm still tied up with overwhelming deadlines. But I don't want you to give up on me and our mutual love of the pictorial arts. So every few days for a while I'll try to give you some reasons to keep coming back to this blog.

Herein are some illustrative graphics by the beloved Wally Wood, from his pet project, The World of the Wizard King, a foray into adult fairy tales, as Wood was wont to do.

All art this post ©1968 Wallace Wood

































6 comments:

Benito Gallego said...

WOW, great post! Thanks very much!

Will Shetterly said...

I never saw those. Thanks!

Sam G said...

Wow! Waly Wood was wonderful. ;)

joe ackerman said...

now, THAT'S a post, fella. brilliant. I await the new playground with bated breath.

Bob said...

Welcome back -- I missed you!

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Thanks, you guys! Thanks Bob, missed you too!