Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 23

Well, I'm back in command central, having been on the road for the last number of days. Trying to dial in posts from various makeshift interfaces is daunting for me, but at least I've been able to keep in touch on a daily basis.

I've been in New Mexico, for business and personal reasons, and I've seen some nice art along the way, which I will share sometime in the new year.

Until then, I've still got lots of holiday art on the docket, jingling and jangling, wanting to make an appearance. First, some more New Yorker holiday stuff:





Below, the New Yorker has printed some very dark covers over the years, of course none more so than after 9/11. Yet this cover from 1950 is dark and drear:


1 comment:

LC Douglass said...

I love the first one especially, from 1972. Very Babaresque.