Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6

This is crazy. With all the things I've got to do over the next few weeks, I'm committing myself to another self-imposed obligation. In addition to my regular posts, I'm going to post at least one New Yorker holiday cover per day, for the rest of the month. And it's jes' cuz I happened to notice that I've got one or more with a cover date for each day of the month even if they're years apart. New Yorker covers are clever and colorful and beautifully drawn, but no one really cares about em. So, why am I doin' this? Bah, humbug!

And remember, all these covers and everything else on this 'blog is copyrighted by somebody, somewhere. So nix on doing anything that'll get anybody in trouble. This is an educational venue, so don't screw it up you beezle bubs!

6 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

And it's beautiful!

Annie said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure there will be many interesting covers in the bunch, especially as we get closer to Christmas.

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Thanks M.D., thanks Annie, there WILL be some swell covers. I'm still crazy for doing this.

Annie said...

Thanks for being crazy!

Fifi [Feeling is First] said...

Your willingness to post the covers in expectation of indifference, is generosity of spirit. We are not indifferent! We are grateful! Thank you for making the holiday season more complex & beautiful

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Thank you Blue! What a lovely compliment.