Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Creative Life

I'm not through posting Christmas images, but I thought I better deliver this card now, as it is our YuleTide greeting to all of our internet and blogging friends, near and far. I wish I could name all of you, but there are so many and I would be afraid that I might leave someone out.

There are a lot of you folks that I may never meet, yet I feel a kinship, not just through our mutual love of images, but for our mutual love of a creative life.

This card is a project my wife made when she was but 10 years old. She made it from little scraps of this and that. She had it in a box of keepsakes until she felt the need to lighten the load of possessions and was going to put it in a pile to go out the door. I tackled her full on and wrestled it from her so that I could archive it. It is with sincere affection for you all that I share it now (with her blessings)!

I don't mean to make her feel old, 'cause she's not, but my wife made this when John F. Kennedy was President-Elect. Those were optimistic days, my friends.

4 comments:

joe ackerman said...

that's lovely, that is. happy Christmas, Thomas, me old mate. all my love to you and yours.

Larry MacDougall said...

Nice !

Annie said...

It's great you rescued it. She gave each of the wise men individuality through the clothing, the colors and the trim. I'm glad you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for the New Year!

christopher said...

Oh please tell your wife to keep it! It is beautiful,in its simplicity.
Glad you all had a lovely Christmas.
Rosie,