Monday, November 9, 2009

RGK Portfolio

Back in the early 80s, my finances were like a roller coaster, and when I saw this Roy Krenkel portfolio in a comix shoppe window, I was devastated to realize I couldn't afford it at the moment (yes I was that low on cash). Several years later I was able to get it at auction for a couple bucks more than cover price. It's not the best portfolio, but I was really glad to finally get it.




The items that I'm showing here are just a selection of the portfolio.

7 comments:

Daniel [oeconomist.com] said...

I'm very glad that you were able to resolve that want.

I wonder whether Fantagraphics or Dover Books or somesuch could be persuaded to publish some comprehesive collection.

E.G.Palmer said...

I love Roy Krenkel's work. Especially the ERB Mars drawings.

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Daniel, that would be cool. But you HAVE seen the RGK books put out by Eclipse and Vanguard, haven't you? As well, the lovely book published by Owlswick? If not, ooh I've got some posting to do. Oh, even if you HAVE.

E.G., RGK ERB drawings are some of my favoritist in the whole world.

Doruk said...

We cannot ever have too much Krenkel.

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Well said, well intended.

Daniel [oeconomist.com] said...

No, I've not seen those books! (Most of the attention that I once focused on illustration was for many years dragged away to other things.)

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Ah, well then. I know what I'M posting for a few days.