Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lessons

An example of early Hernandez Brothers fun stuff, this slightly water-damaged poster is a mild reminder to me of the hail damage my studio suffered in the 90s, destroying parts of my collection and my personal body of work. The skylight was replaced, but not water-fused paper.

I learned a lesson to not grow too attached to things that are just things, but also a lesson to digitize imagery while I have it, and archive it to the universe, or at least to cyberspace.


3 comments:

Doruk said...

Interesting, in many ways, this looks quite different than their stuff I am familiar with.

joe ackerman said...

wow. I used to have this. like a lot of my stuff, it got lost along the way ( man, they were great years, but costly ). lovely to see it again.

Anonymous said...

I still have this poster as well as other Mr. X posters. They are impossible to find anywhere.