Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Curse of the Winged Monkeys

Alright, that does it. I've been cursed twice now in relation to Oz's Winged Monkeys. Consulting the Royal Library of Magic in the heart of the Emerald City, I see that the only way to remove those curses is to set the record straight about the Winged Monkeys of Oz.

They are under a spell, a charm, you see . . . but I get ahead of myself.

There is but one wicked entity in the tale of The Wizard of Oz, and that is the Wicked Witch. Any other wickedness that we may perceive in others is but an extension of the Wicked Witch. She is in control of those Winged Monkeys, as we see here:

In our previous 'blog post,we have already witnessed the wicked attack upon Dorothy's friends, and here we continue the telling of that despicable act:

But our friends survived and the tables were turned. The Wicked Witch was overthrown and Dorothy brought away with her the wonderful Golden Cap encircled with rubies and diamonds that allowed her to control the Winged Monkeys. With these next pages, we learn of the history of the Winged Monkeys and why they must obey the charm of the Golden Cap.






With the recounting of the Winged Monkeys' tale of how they came to be in the wicked service of the Wicked Witch, I now renounce the curses put upon me, and call upon all within sight of this 'blog to, from this day forth, think kindly upon the maligned tribe of the Winged Monkeys. So be it.


4 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Thom, you have proved again how knowledge can banish fear.

I did not know (or remember, for I read it so long ago) the story of the winged monkeys. With that newly remembered knowledge all my fear has fled and I now have the greatest compassion for monkeys of the winged variety.

I humbly apologize for all my cursing. Instead I thank you (and your little dog, cat, gerbil, whatever) for bringing light to the darkness.

You have also inadvertently helped me out with ideas for a novella I am getting ready to write for an upcoming anthology.

Thank you, Thom!

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

MD--That wasn't inadvertent at all. I knew this would help you and I hope you'll notify me when your novella is hatched.

My dog sez your welcome.

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

I keep telling my dog he needs to use proper spelling.

He sez to say 'you're welcome.'

Good boy!

M. D. Jackson said...

I most certainly will. Thanks again.