Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Breathe Deep

Well, girls and boys, imagine my surprise that my computer is going back to the shop for the same reason as the last three times since October 23. This coincides with a bit of traveling I'll be doing, so my posts will be coming to you, as this one is now, from my cute little iPad--for the foreseeable future.

Here's the thing. I had some nifty Christmas-sy images lined up, but didn't have opportunity to transfer them to this device. I could just opt out of posting for awhile, but I enjoy this bloggy stuff too much.

I have some of my portfolio stuff on the iPad, so at the risk of boring you, I'm going to be posting some of that--with some pieces that you may have seen on my other blogs and some not.

The geniuses promise me that they will do everything in their power to make this right for me, but it will take until after Christmas, due to waiting for a scarce part. There's even a slight possibility of a replacement machine, but there are complications with that as well.

So be that as it may (I've always wanted to use that phrase, though it doesn't really make sense to me), I will be bellying up to the (space) bar and post when and what I can.

If for some perverse choice of the Universe I am unable to follow thru with my Quixotic plans, I wish you all Happy Holidays (this is not just a Christian time of year, so back off all you holier-than-thouers, and show some tolerance for the rest of us sinners that have different ideas about this time of year!).

As one of my favorite artists (hi James!) has coined:

Breathe deep and seek peace.

10 comments:

Anita said...

i think there is a TROLL in your computer!!my advice..wish for a new for Christmas!!)))smile is on the way to you over the atlantic!!))

Sam G said...

Hope to see some posts before Christmas, but if not Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Annie said...

Happy Holidays, Thom! Enjoy your time with your family, this wonderful season, and the coming New Year.

Larry MacDougall said...

Well said Thomas. Good luck and seasons greetings.

Kid said...

Hi Thom,

Hope your computer problems didn't prevent you receiving my email. Have a great time in London and a very merry Christmas to you.

Anonymous said...

Thom, after inhaling deeply, do NOT forget to exhale because you feel under too high pressure by the (rather preposterous) situation.
May I offer my deep sympathy and also my usual stupid comment under similar circumstances: "What is it all compared to the immensity of the universe?" (AKA: "Don't panic!")
I'll be offline for a few days; so pse do not get the impression that you have been forgotten just because you cannot "deliver"...
Peace with you and your's!
Hun

Sim said...

Have a happy time Thomas!
I wish you the best for you and yours! <3

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Thank you, my friends!

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Kid, didn't you get my return email?

Daniel [oeconomist.com] said...

Thom—

I'm very sorry that these computer problems persist.

While I continue to agree that the MacOS interface is appropriate to you, should you ever choose to migrate to software built on the X interface (which underlies most of the *nix GUIs other than that of MacOS), I'll help you to make that transition quickly.