Friday, July 23, 2010

Art of the Matter

I wish I had come across this photo the other day when I posted the riveting image of Maruja the Strong. But I didn't, I just found it in one of my books and thought better to post it now rather than later.

It's Sir Russell working on the oil painting (probably not really, it looks plenty done from my point of view—you know how the pr people like to pose those photos. Besides, it doesn't look like there's paint on the brush OR palette). But it's informative to see the scale of the picture (for those of you interested in the art of the matter as well as the subject).

Maruja has received quite a number of hits from you all, and I can only guess why.


3 comments:

E.G.Palmer said...

Most certainly, It is because of our interest in fine art, and strong women. Certainly.

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Of a certainty, E.G.

M. D. Jackson said...

Yes. And the jugs. I mean... the clay jugs! I'm...you know... interested in paintings of...old pottery...yes, that's it...pottery...