Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Favorite Fictional Four-Color Female

Sorry I missed commemorating the anniversary of Krypton blowing up, and wow, Kal-el made it to Earth the very next day! But I'd rather celebrate the birthday of Shayera (Hawkgirl), one of my favorite fictional four-color females, especially as delineated by Joe Kubert who gave her a sparkling joie de vivre.

Don't forget to have a moment of silence for Wing on the 28th.

note: this calendar dating is not for this year!

Joe Kubert

Joe Kubert

Joe Kubert

Steve Rude

6 comments:

Artman2112 said...

Hawkgirl is awesome! Love what they did with her on the JL animated series! thanks for making me aware of her b-day, i just posted a blog salute as well!

joe ackerman said...

you seen the new Hawkgirl/Woman? oh, dear, oh, dear, Thomas.

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Yay Artman!

No, Joe, I haven't. I sense that something may have taken a bad turn?

Unca Jeffy said...

Hawkgirl is definitely "easy-on-the-eyes" and Kubert always someone to take note of, but Wing will always live on in the hall of heroes as "The Eighth Seven Soldier of Victory"!

Kid said...

I've got that softcover Hawkman book, Thom - it's a stoater!

Anonymous said...

I used to have that calendar!