Wednesday, February 11, 2009

For All It's Worth

Jim Payne sold me a copy of Andrew Loomis' Figure Drawing For All Its Worth and Creative Illustration when I was 14 or 15, and I've referred to them every year since. Loomis was the consumate illustrator's illustrator in his day, but is still influencing students in the 21st century. His techniques were flawless, as were his female studies. I wish someone would do a definitive book about the man and his work. 





I will be posting more of his work from time to time. Even though it is available here and there on the internet, I haven't seen much in really good resolution, so I will try to provide that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A friend gave me this book years back. I consider it one of my treasures. One of my students downloaded the whole book on the Internet.

I liked your comment on my bud Gurney's Blog . Found your blog....Nice

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Thanks Frank—I love your work and liked your comment as well. Twenty-one years of marriage, and still in love. We're doing something right.