Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ephemeral and Elusive

Light and airy, ephemeral and elusive, the apparitions of Gilbert Williams' paintings hint of overlapping universes. I don't have the titles of any of these paintings below, but do we really need them?

UPDATE: I had been misinformed about this artist's name, and I do apologize for it, to Mr. Williams and to all of you. Mark Roland corrected my information and I have corrected it above. Gilbert Williams is well-known and has a great selection of work available on his website which you can click to here. Plenty of information is available for him. Oy, sorry 'bout that.





All above, © Gilbert Williams

6 comments:

Kid said...

There's something very 'Lord of the Rings' about some of them. Great stuff.

Annie said...

Hi Thom,
I especially like the one on the bottom, there is so much going on in it, and despite the asymmetry, it is in perfect balance, and the dark figure below the faerie spirits is equally intriguing.

JamilKC said...

Do you know anything about Gilbert White? This is the first I've seen his amazing work and I know nothing about him.

Thanks for posting these.

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Sorry, Jamil, I know nothing about this guy, either.

Mark Roland said...

His real name is Gilbert Williams. I used to show at the same Visionary galleries in the 1980s (Northern California.)

Mark Roland

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Thank you Mark. My original information source was faulty, and I screwed up by trusting it. My apologies to Mr. Williams.