Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Fairy's Birthday

Back for a moment to W.Heath Robinson, a favorite illustrator of many.

What a nifty piece here entitled The Fairy's Birthday from December of 1925, showing a nice variety of tiny folk coexisting with the faerie folk. I could truly enjoy an extended visit to this realm, though I'd want to bring all my drawing materials and a good digital camera. Hmm. I've been needing a vacation . . .

But if I couldn't go, I'd give my ticket to Larry MacDougall. Though, come to think of it, I think he travels there all the time.

Below, a really nice portrait of WHR by a contemporary of his, whose name I don't recall (and can't decipher from the inscription).


4 comments:

joe ackerman said...

wow. I go away for a few days, and look at all the good stuff I miss.

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Joe, you haven't missed anything. I been savin' it all for you.

Where'd you go anyways?

joe ackerman said...

nowhere too fantastic, Thomas, mate. work, mainly.

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Thom :)